1) I’m reading your bio right now. Is it true you two met in church twenty some years ago and “Aim Me’s Dad and a small mutiny ended up kicking Renee’s family out of the church?”! If so, that would most certainly serve to fuel your muse.
Yes, we met 27 years ago in a spirit-filled, holy rollin’, charismatic church where Renee’s Dad was the Pastor & Aim Me’s Dad was a Deacon. As the Hatfield & Mc Coy’s of the Pentecostal world, Aim Me’s Dad ended up kicking Renee’s Dad out of the pulpit.
We lost faith in religion & gained faith in the Spirit, and like Thelma & Louise, we headed for the cliff of surrender. It felt WILD but it felt wonderful! The muse was fueled by our quest to keep the purest roots of church, the ones that made our spirits long for growth & sing songs that inspire love of oneself, this planet & this gift of live alive.
2) I know that you have performed a lot in the streets. Some call it busking. Many make their living with this type of performing.
What first inspired you to perform in the streets and what are some of your favorite spots?
In 1995, we had the WILD WISH of being Troubadours of Divine Bliss, Street Performers who travel around encouraging Revolution of the Spirit & Courage of the Heart. Renee had a dream she was playing an Accordion, so she got one. Aim Me learned two chords on the Guitar & Bliss was born.
We followed our destiny to the streets of New Orleans where (wrapped in battery-operated Christmas lights) we debuted as Christmas Carolers in 1995 on the corner of Royal & Toulouse in the Big Easy. Since then we have traveled all over the U.S., Canada & Europe Freeing our Dream and embracing life in pure delight…our WILD WISH keeps coming true!!! Some of our favorite spots are New Orleans, Zurich, Switzerland, Aix-en-Provence, France, Freiburg, Germany & anywhere & everywhere people are ready to be bliss filled.
3) How many shows do you play a year? Are you constantly on the road?
We make music for a living and we are on the road 60% of the time doing nearly 200+ shows a year.
4) You seem to be on a spiritual mission with your . What can you tell us about your new CD “Apocalypse or Awakening”?
Sorry for any confusion, but the CD is actually called “AWAKENING TO LOVE” Here is a link to sound samples from the new album, Awakening to Love: http://snack.to/aujexe60
Awakening to Love in this Free Life… We are the Ones and It is Well…may we Invite the Light of Love to shine… for this Life is Sweet. It is a Serenade for Seraphim. The Greening. the Deep Song. We are Divining Utopia in this Holy Now. (songs featured in the video are actual tracks from our new album, Awakening to Love)
Above is our song titles in order…we realized they encapsulate the feeling & intent of this album. They tell the story of what we pray to convey to you in these songs.
This is a time in which many are seeking, healing, revealing, connecting to themselves & this beautiful offering of Earth & Life we have been given.
There is an awakening occurring…we are wishing to break free of old habits & patterns that no longer serve our spirits or the human spirit on this beautiful planet.
We believe there is a better way that we can be together in this life. This turning, this shift must first begin within. We hope these songs of our heart will affirm your path & inspire your quest of awakening.
Thank you to The Friend who is awakening us to Love and who is escorting us up the stairway of existence into this dream of Utopia.
“New levels of spiritual awareness are upon us and by recognizing their beauty we can inspire every aspect of our lives. Let your soul be an oasis of transformation that takes your life to the next level and fulfills your dreams. Rejoice in your awakening, the future is now and love is in every breath you take.” Micheal Teal
5) It has been a while since you have played the Mid Ohio Valley and you have a lot of fans looking forward to it. What older favorites do you plan on performing this Friday?
Scarlet Carnival, Walk By Your Side, Over the Rainbow, & anything any fans request & want to hear!
6) Do you have a favorite youtube video of the Troubadours playing live that you would like to share with our readers?
7) This Friday’s show is a benefit for The Children’s Home Society of Wood County, so your music serves an additional purpose. Why do you feel it is important to support The Children’s Home Society?
Protecting the children, healing their hurts, bringing families together & ensuring more children are safe, healthy and prepared for life is such inspiring & necessary work in a community. The Children’s Home Society has taken on this vital mission of changing children’s lives for the better and we are honored to support such an important, beautiful cause!